Lonely

Sitting on the bus, riding home...and this loneliness won't leave me
alone...all's well, nothing to complain about, yet everything could use
a good shake up in the positive direction. This is a feeling I've been
toying a lot with and just can't seem to shake. In the grand scheme of
things, I really have nothing to complain about, and am so grateful for
all my blessings, yet I feel so stagnant, like I lack direction and am
not going anywhere real fast. I can't help but think is this all there
is? What's the point of my life as it is right now? I feel very
melancolic, lonely and unclear about what 2 do-prayer might be a good
start, I've not done much of that in a while & this disconnect's surely
playing into my sense of being lost. I actually suspect I may be
resisting prayer because I am feel like my most desired one has been
ignored for the past year-so even though I know all about plans
unfolding on God's own timing, even though I know He holds me in the
palm of his hands and knows better than I do, I can't help but feel
impatient and dissapointed...I need to do some major shifting there...
in the meantime, I am sitting here with my loneliness...
K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I've been out of sorts myself the last few days.

Prayer might be a good thing. The best prayer I ever learned was to pray for "This or something better." Sometimes that one gives me hope when I feel lost.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh, I know that blah-sy feeling that you can't put your finger on. So annoying...and perplexing. Sitting quietly and simply breathing for a bit might help. Sometimes it can clear the way for that message that's waiting for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish more energy and direction for you.

Tully said...

I know that feeling of being lost and not knowing what direction you should take to find your way. You are lucky to have religion, it is not (currently) part of my path.

My friend tells me I am having a quarter life crisis! Maybe she is right, who knows???