On Sabotage

"16 years ago,when spiritual teacher Marianne Williamson was first on my show to talk about her book A Return to Love,I asked her why she thought I was having such struggles with my weight. She wrote me a letter saying this:'Until you accept the magnitude of your function, your unconscious mind will sabotage any attempt to show your full magnificence. In fact, if you diet and lose weight, your mind will either put the weight back on or trip you up in some other area. In order to lose weight on a permanent basis, you want a shift in your belief about who and what you are. This is the miracle you seek.'"- Oprah
I am thriving to make this shift, but boy is it challenging to remain focused. I seem to be a one track minded person-if I am on weight management, I will neglect work, if I am invested in work then I tend to skip workouts-balancing things out, finding a just balance is one of my main challenges. It is also the loophole through which my sabotaging self operates. I am not even sure how to handle this, I would go with the flow of things if it wasn't detrimental to my work and my weight. Jusdging by Marianne's quote above, I need a miracle-I need to shift my perception of who and what I am. I've been taping the course in miracles class she gives on XM everyday, but not taking it per say, I want to do that when I go on vacation in August, but maybe I need to start now, make some time for more inner work. It can only be good.
How do you guys achieve balance and stay focused and excited about EVERYTHING that goes on in our lives?
K.

4 comments:

EVA said...

wow. what a powerful post. my answer. i have no idea. i am completely the same. maybe that's why i am overweight...i have an extreme personality...dont know when enough is enough. i love your blog. this is the first time i've stumbled upon it.

question: how do you get music on your blog???

Anonymous said...

i have the same problem, too! ugh. i think i read something about a study showing that people can only really focus on one thing at a time, like we have a limited amount of will power so when we use it on one thing, we have less left for our other goals. let us know if you figure it out, ok? :)

Trula said...

Marianne Williamson is awesome. She has a lot of profound things to say about weight and food issues.

K. said...

Hey guys! so glad to have you here, thanks for stopping by and posting comments.

eva-Thanks so much for the compliments- to add music to your blog go to myflashfetish.com and the instructions are pretty straight forward.

lasserday-I need to work on this, tho I seem to be avoiding it, but working on a plan.

hey trula-are u following the course in miracles which marianne does everyday this year on xmradio?I've been taping it everyday and plan to go through the tapes during my upcoming month long vacation

K.