I can see clearly now the rain is gone

It's actually pouring in the NYC area but the title has more to do with
the fact that I'm in much better spirits after yesterday's tantrum, lol.
Don't get me wrong, I am still yearning for romantic love and a number
of other things. I simply have a more positive outlook on things today
and that feels good. I don't mean to toot my own horn here but I must
really command myself for quickly coming out of that funk...this
bouncing back is directly attributable to all the work I've been doing
on myself in the past 2 years...I am constantly feeding myself powerful
principles, thriving to live by them, challenging my beliefs, molding
myself, creating and practicing new thought and behavioral patterns all
of which seems to be paying off! I seem to find comfort in my new
beliefs despite myself. It's as if I can't stay down for long. Picture a
boxing game between old and new thoughts, in which my old thinking and
way of being in the world just isn't a match to my news ways...so even
when I let my guards down, and catch a punch...when I allow negative
thoughts to creep in, my core isn't in agreement with the negativity so
I can't dwell in it too long. Something in me just rises up, my internal
dialogue shifts back towards more positive thoughts, I somehow stumble
on EXACTLY what I need to hear, see or read...and that wink from the
universe doesn't go unnoticed...so I bounce back and my faith is
restored...for now...cause I totally expect this tantrum to revisit at
some point, till I figure out how to be completely at peace with my life
as it is...I suppose this is life so I'll try to embrace it. I'm game,
lol. I must remember the saying that I have all the happiness that I
need, if I don't disturb it. Worrying, is totally disturbing my gifts of
peace serenity and happiness. It won't get me anywhere healthy....SO I
shall continue to flex my patience and surrender muscles...
I tell ya, everyday IS work!

1 comments:

Lisa Sargese said...

Love it love it love it. I like the boxing match analogy. I like the idea of "feeding" ourselves good thoughts. I like every thing about your blog!! I'm putting a link to it on mine right now.