We now interrupt all dieting activities

Diets are about decisions. At each moment chosing the good versus the
easy. This week end I'm choosing the REAL guuud and tasty! Lol. The kind
of soul food I love, and I won't even feel bad about it. I'm having
guests over and making chicken yassa which is an uhm uhm good west
african meal.
I will workout hard on Sunday to stave off any potential weight gain.
That won't be hard cause I take an hour long spinning class on sundays
which I LOVE. It works me out so hard and leaves me with a great sense
of accomplishment and possibility... once I get that out of the way, you
better believe I will eat lots. The good thing about the lifestyle
change I've been on is that I've learned to manage these feasts. My
philosophy for getting thru them simply is: give yourself license to
enjoy the food by making sure you workout first and foremost. When
that's said and done, eat without feeling one ounce of guilt, then get
right back on track. So long as this one meal doesn't turn into one week
or a month of unhealthy choices, there won't be any lasting effect on my
body and I'd have had a great time. Good week end to all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you! Looks like we're on opposite ends of the spectrum this week! LOL

Dude, seriously, I TOTALLY want the recipe for that chicken yassa, though. I'm all about new and tasty ways of cooking!

Erm . . . although I'm not a big deep fry-er, which is almost a cardinal sin for a Southern girl! HA! I just don't like cleaning up the mess, though: I can't claim not to love the tasty deep-fried results! LOL