Random thoughts

My day started wonderfully today. I woke up before the alarm, so got to skip the usual morning startle and bemoan and instead savored my extra snuggle time.
I eased into the day with some prayers and a very good workout.
My initial plan was to spend 20 mins on the tready and then 40 mins on the elliptical cause I had already spent an hour on the tready yesterday-I try not to do back to back days on it as a way of managing my achilles tendonitis- but I ended up walk/jogging for the entire hour. Which is great, makes me absolutely happy and pumped up cause I get my best and hardest workouts from the tready, and the spin bike, but anyhow...I got that good hour in, did lots of weights, specially leg work...these darn hips and thighs will get smaller, so help me GOD! lol.
And now I am at work where an interesting circus is playing...you know the everybody trying to impress the new boss kind of play? yea, that's what's going on. New circumstances make competitive spirits kick in in some. Others like me don't do too well with competition, we have our own selves to contend with, our own fears to get passed...I still can't for the life of me understand why I have such a hard time claiming and occupying the space that is mine. I can't let myself take a back seat again just because I am not clear what my place is supposed to be... I have to define my place and OCCUPY it...I need to elevate myself at work...any insight would be much appreciated.