My romantic delusions

It's that guy's birthday. You know the one I've been having a
"relationship" with all by myself, all in my mind. I've not talked to
him in about a month, and last saw him back in January. But him & his
bday have been on my mind much like these thoughts/wishes of us getting
together are.
What can I say? Even I don't understand my own irrationality, but
anyway, I started the day with a prayer for him, the underlying theme of
which was that he would please please see the error of his ways when it
comes to his relationship with me, lol...no just kidding. I blessed &
released him to whatever good the world has for him and then I called
him, lol. Left him a nice upbeat message for his bday which I am sure
was a complete surprise to him cause we never really talked about the
date, but I remembered it...so anyway, left my nice message and then got
a text message back some 5 hrs later thanking me and asking me how I
knew. Text message. Yea I know. You needn't even say anything, though
you probably should just to knock some sense into me. I am trying not to
qualify the fact that he texted instead of calling, trying not to
project judgement on to what it means but I think it's pretty clear that
people who are well mannered and slightly appreciative of their
relationships would call back.. Wow...is all I can say... anyway I slice
it, this just doesn't seem considerate...Wow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just checking in...
hope you're ok!

*listens for echoes?*

j

belly said...

what a lovely gift to give him. i love the notion of blessing someone and releasing them to the good offerings waiting for them.

also, about texting... i know it seems ill-mannered, but i think it's one of those pastimes that's gaining momentum as an accepted, common form of communication... heck, the ceo of our company sends friggin' texts in a true business context!! i know it feels like a slight, but i thought it was totally sweet that he sent you a little note - however the sentiment arrived.