Plan of attack

Ok, so in follow up to what I posted a few hrs ago, I realize I have to
have a plan of attack against my distructive conduct. So tomorrow, July
6 I will do the following:
1. Get my hair done, while there plan meals for the week
2. Stop by the mall and grocery shop for the week
THEN:
3. I will come home and revisit my weight loss blog, journals, biggest
loser, oprah weight loss shows
4. I will have a serious conversation with myself, try to uncover what's
going on and even if I can't quite figure it out, I will
5. Decide to get back and stay on track for the next 5 months.

I am considering rescheduling my august vacation. I think things might
get even worse if I go home for a month, where I am sure to indulge. I
think going in December might be wiser timing. K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't know if you've seen this or not, but the Biggest Loser stuff might not be stuff you want to use for inspiration. I did for a while and found myself frustrated because I wasn't losing weight as fast as I wanted to. But if you read the blogs of the folks who did it, and sometimes even WON, they were SO unhealthy. One girl ate nothing but lettuce for a couple of weeks and someone else spent so much time in the steam room, she had to go to the hospital for dehydration after the closing ceremony.

THAT said. I usually binge when I'm home alone - I don't do it at work or anything like that. If that's true for you too, what I did might help. I read a book by Thich Nat Han (a Buddhist monk) who recommended that when you have an uncomfortable feeling, you just sit with it and breathe for a while. Just let yourself feel uncomfortable. Ninety percent of the time, what I was upset about would bubble to the surface and I would have the opportunity to deal with it in a different way than eating. It taught me a lot about myself, and what I'm afraid of, and helped A LOT with the binges.

FWIW and YMMV. ;)

K. said...

Hey Marste. That is sound advice. I totally agree, I heard gary Zukav say a number of years oago to just feel the pain instead of supproessing it with our addictions-easier said than done, but I will be making a conscious effort.
Re: biggest loser, yes has to be unhealthy, though it motivates me to just see them workout and push themselves beyond perceived limits. You know wha ttho I always wonder how come they actually run on these shows? how can a 400 lbs person run without breaking a bone? I mean I couldn't run at 280lbs...looks a bit suspicious indeed. Thanks for stopping by I hope you're enjoying yr time with mum?K.

new*me said...

love the idea of planning your meals while getting your hair done! Have you read Eckhart Tolle's, A New Earth? The book really has helped me put things into perspective.....it was one of those books I had to read slowly to digest each page! Awesome blog you have started here :)